Sunday, July 4, 2010

21 Weeks

I am past the halfway bump and tomorrow, I'll be on a flight back to Baltimore, so I decided to post this a day early. I think I feel the baby every now and then. It's more of a tug right under my belly button. It happens usually after I have my morning coffee and something with sugar like strawberry milk.

Well, the babe's been baking for 21 weeks and, according to The Bump, it has now become a very delicious:

Mmmm the banana I had this afternoon was really good.

And, for the guys out there, from the Tarzan's Guide to Baby Development:


Mmmm, the beer I'll have in 5 months will be delicious!

I-am-pregnant.com states that this week:

Some women also get strong cravings for foods. If you notice a craving for something unhealthy, you should contact your doctor. Craving for unusual things is known as pica. Some women crave cigarette ashes, charcoal, beer and other non-food items during this time.

Uhh thank heavens I have yet to sneak around licking people's ashtrays.

Your baby's blood circulation is completely functional. The umbilical cord system continues to grow and thicken as blood travels with considerable force through the body to nurture the baby. The placenta is now almost equal in size to the baby. Taste buds are being formed on your baby's tongue this week also.

Taste buds! I am building some taste buds in there this week.

Your weight gain so far will be around 10 to 15 pounds.

More like 5-7. And, I am ok with that.

No comments: