Monday, June 28, 2010

Halfway there ... ohh ohh

I would have been living on a prayer, if I was the praying kind. Both Saturday and Sunday evenings were spent on the floor, hunched up in pain. I cannot figure out a common theme to what causes them. One day I thought it was because I ran around a lot. Friday, we had an ultrasound, day care tour, showed Jeff where I work, had lunch with co-workers, and picked up my iPhone. all between 8 and 1. Then, we had a baseball game that evening where we were ou till almost 11 p.m. So, a really long day and no pain. That kills my theory. Oh well, at the rate of once to twice a week, I have 20-40 more episodes to live through.
At this halfway mark though, incredible changes happening inside. The baby is the side of a delicious cantaloupe, according to The Bump:

And for the fathers-to-be, from the Tarzan's Guide: (I thought about leaving this out but what the hey)

I am Pregnant website states that this week:
Your waistline has expanded and is no longer visible. Yeah, I can attest to that.
For the remainder of your pregnancy, the growing uterus puts pressure on your lungs, stomach and kidneys. This will make you feel short of breath, the need to urinate more frequently and can cause indigestion. Well, this baby's been causing pain for a few weeks now, so nothing new there.
Scalp hair and toenails are beginning to form at this point. Hair can also be seen on the upper lip and eyebrows. I am growing toenails in there this week. Sounds sooooo weird! but cool too.

No comments: