Sunday, July 25, 2010

6 months down, 4ish to go

I decided this might be a good time to take a photo of the belly because it seems like it's bulged out.





According to I am pregnant, at 24 weeks:

This week your baby's crown-to-rump length is around 8.4 inches and your baby will weigh approximately 1.2 pounds. Because your uterus is expanding and putting a great amount of pressure on your abdomen, you might get stretch marks. Your weight gain may also be taking a toll on your body at this point. Many pregnant women experience backaches, bladder problems, sore feet and fatigue that affect their daily routines. You might also have some nasal stuffiness or nosebleeds.

I can attest to the fatigue. I just said to Jeff this afternoon that I was so exhausted even though I don't seem to do anything. I gained 2 lbs this past week, could be the bags of Milanos and Rolos, maybe, I think.

The fetus's eyes are close together on the front of his face and they are still shut. Your baby's ears have moved into their final position on the sides of his head. Where they are now is where they will be when your baby is born!

Hah, I hope the ears are where they're supposed to be!

Because your growing baby is getting plumper, he no longer has room in your tummy to do cartwheels and somersaults.

Really? Because I swear he's doing exactly that in there sometimes, along with some light kicking and some swimming around.

1 comment:

SplendaJoy said...

Does this mean the baby is switching to yoga?