Sunday, August 15, 2010

Goodbye, second trimester

Here are 27 week belly photos:




Today marks the last day of my second trimester. Tomorrow, I start the last leg of this journey. Let me tell you how glad I am. If I could see my feet, I would bend down and touch them and do a back flip. Many times. 2nd trimester as not good to me. Till last couple weeks, I was miserable every day. Every meal I ate was followed by extreme pain and acid reflux. The last 2 weeks, nothing! *knocks on some more wood* So, I am looking forward to the third trimester, since the transition into it seems to promise easier times.

Highlights of this past week:
  • Did my gestational diabetes test on Wednesday. I called the doctor's office on Friday and my doc wasn't in so they couldn't give me my results. However, they did say if it had been abnormal, they would have called me. I have my appointment tomorrow, so I'll find out for sure.
  • Gained more weight.
  • Measured my belly and waist and I have officially lost my waist; put on 4-5 inches each since the beginning of the pregnancy in those areas.
  • When I stand, I cannot see my feet.
  • When I drop something, I cannot bend over or down gracefully to retrieve it.
  • I have to get up to use the bathroom every hour at night.

According to the Baby Center website,

the baby weighs almost 2 pounds and is about 14 1/2 inches long with his legs extended. He's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing his eyes, and perhaps even sucking his fingers. With more brain tissue developing, the baby's brain is very active now.

Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother her, so just relax and enjoy the tickle.

I haven't felt any hiccups yet, but then again, I think because of the hernia mesh in my belly, I feel less of the movements than I would have in its absence.

1 comment:

suheir said...

I can't imagine how quickly the belly has grown. I had to go back and look at you in March. Of course, I see a tremendous change!
You're carrying a human being in your tummy who I know is going to be a brat until he gets out or may be after ;-)