Saturday, October 16, 2010

1st time ever in 33 years 3 months and 20 days

So, for the first time ever in my life, I was surprised. Yesterday, my work colleagues friends threw me a baby shower and it was a surprise. I knew there would be something but we usually coordinate these things to fall on days we have staff meetings - Mondays. Yesterday, a Friday, was supposed to be a bowling event for our team and that's all I was expecting. Till a coworker walked in with balloons and everyone started saying "Surprise Sylvie!"

There was a cake with a baby face; there were gifts and there were photos of gifts that should be arriving at our house soon. We also bowled and had some team building camaraderie.

Thanks to Brenda and Jacwana and Beth and everyone else who was involved in this. Even Jeff managed to keep this secret from me for a whole day. If you don;t know us, you have no idea how difficult that must have been for him.

I feel lucky to have such a great group of friends as my coworkers. Thank you guys!

No comments: