Sunday, October 31, 2010

38 weeks and the return of old friends















Editted to add some missing things:
What old friends, you ask? Let me list them for you, in no particular order:
  • heartburn
  • waking up 6-8 times to go to the bathroom through the night
  • horrible pain in my right hip and pelvic region
  • nausea
  • how could I have forgotten leg cramps? Despite eating a banana a day, they are back and bad as ever
Eating is so much fun again. Sarcasm fully intended. I lost 3 lbs last week because of the heartburn. No matter what I eat, once again, there's no rhyme or reason to when it might hit.

This week, Oliver's been very active. He tries to stretch his head up into my ribs, which is more weird feeling than painful. Once we saw his butt sticking out from the right side of my belly. I'm also feeling him move his arms and legs throughout the day. His hiccups are louder and bigger, making my belly move visibly. Sometimes, Jeff and I just watch the ripples and bulges on my belly.

We had some maternity photos done at the Quiet Waters Park in Annapolis. You can see some of the photos here, rest are on my Facebook and Flickr account.
So close. I have 8 working days and 10 total days left till my c-section. I am excited and petrified at the same time.  I still have days where I wonder what the hell I'm getting myself into and who the hell thought it was a good idea for me to be a mother. On the other hand, I can't wait to see Oliver, see what he looks like, actually get to hold him. Hopefully, Jeff and I won't mess him up too much and he'll grow up to be a respectable member of society someday.

No comments: