Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Getting there slowly


Oh my! I got our car seat installed today by the Safe Kids USA today. Once the seat was in, and I was driving home, it hit me. In a month or so, there'll be a baby in there. I mean, honestly, does the hospital just let us walk out with a tiny human being expecting us to know what to do? I didn't even know that those window shades that get put on with suction cups could be dangerous as projectiles! I mean, what the hell? If we couldn't even think of that with all our education, how are we supposed to keep him safe and alive and well after we bring him home.



I am also right now addicted to reading, looking online, researching, window shopping for cloth diapers. There is at least one program online (Jillian's Drawers) that let you try a bunch of different ones for $10. If at the end of the trial, you want to return all of them, they refund you everything but $10. If you decide to keep some, you just get charged for those. I am pretty sure, almost 95%, that we'll order the trial pack closer to delivery date. But, for now, I have a small stash of my own. Most of them are the FuzziBunz. But I have 1 Happy Heinys, 1 Bum Genius, and 1 set of gDiapers. So, we have at least 4 different ones to try as well. I am really excited about this. I am also not militant; so if it doesn't work for us, it doesn't work for us and we'll be fine with using disposables.

No comments: