Sunday, May 16, 2010

Overdue post, announcing it at work

So, I followed my plan to the T.

- Went to lunch with my closest girl friends from work - Linda, Beth, Jacwana and Brenda (Kathi couldn't make it) and pulled out the ultrasound halfway through. There was a lot of screaming and hugging after that.

- That Friday, at our staff meeting, I took Hershey's kisses that had a stamp on the bottom that said "It's a human, we hope. 11/15/2010." Guess what? Nobody got it! I had to tell them.

- The Monday after that is our large staff meeting where I wore the following shirt:



Even with that, people didn't get it. Some thought it was just a cute cartoon. But, eventually people got it and there was some more hugging and congratulating.

Now, I am just letting others at work know slowly. I am still not showing so it's funny when people immediately look down at my belly when I tell them.

No comments: