Monday, May 17, 2010

Week 14; am I still pregnant?

I have gained 1/2 a lb last week, but the nausea is slowly subsiding. I am not nearly as tired. And, this morning, I woke up wondering if I really was pregnant or if I have been dreaming the whole thing. I hope I wasn't dreaming because this week, according to The Bump, the baby is a yummy lemon!



And, of course, for the guys out there, here's the man's guide description for week 14:



I am Pregnant website states that this week:

Your baby's face is becoming more developed. The cheeks and bridge of his nose appear and the ears move from the sides of his neck to much higher on his head. The eyes continue to come closer together. A big development from this week onward is the development of lanugo. Lanugo is the fine hair that grows over almost your entire baby. The hairs grow in whirled patterns that follow the grain of his skin. These patterns later give way to your baby's fingerprints.

Your baby's thyroid gland has matured and starts to produce hormones. If your baby is a boy, the prostate will appear and the ovaries descend from the abdomen into the pelvis in baby girls.

The embryo`s soft cartilage is now being replaced with ` real` chalk bones. Your baby has eyebrows, but no eyelashes. Fine, light hair also begins to grow.

It also tells me that this is when I should start to "glow," but also have some painful symptoms in the nether regions of my body. Yay, so my behind will hurt even if my face is beautiful! It said maternity clothes might become necessary, which I believe, since there are 2-3 pairs of pants left in my closet that still fit. Thankfully, my mom brought me a bunch of long shirts called kurtas from India which should last me the next 2-3 months before I need to buy new shirts.

No comments: