Monday, May 24, 2010

Week 15: long post!!!

Maybe I'll bulletlist this post, because I like lists and dagnabbit, it's my blog and I'm pregnant and hormonal so I'll do as I wish :-P
  1. 1/2 lb gain last week. I am glad I'm staying on target. I am sure there will come a week when this baby has a growth spurt and I gain 5 lbs in 1 week but I am happy that I am staying along the track that my Ob put me on. No more than 20 lbs total gain.

  2. Maternity pant YAY! I went to a Motherhood Maternity Outlet on Friday and got a few pairsof pant because I was down to 2 pairs in my closet that still fit comfortably. These panel pants are AWESOME. Whoever designed them should get some world award. And, I'd like to suggest we make some panel pants for non-pregnant women with Spanx like stuff. Come on, how cool would that be? You shape your bulges plus don't have a waistband digging into you.

  3. Also went to target="new">Babies 'R Us with mom, dad, sis and hubby yesterday. Scanned some items into registry and bought a diaper bag with a 20% off coupon. It's the same style as the pack-n-play and swing we got off of Craigslist. It was sold out online so when I saw it in store, I figured why not get it? That has also, I think, solidified our "theme" for the baby room. I put theme in quotes for a reason. It's not a theme as in everything in that room will be that pattern, but it gels the colors for us. It's the Deco by Greco and it has lime, brown and blue polka dots. Very neutral and fun. The family we bought the other stuff from will also have the matching stroller and car seat up for grabs by November so yay, matching stuff without paying full price.


  4. Now to the main theme for the week, what does baby look like now? According to The Bump:



  5. And for the dad out there: from the Tarzan's Guide:


    And, according to I Am Pregnant:

    Your baby's crown-to-rump length is approximately 4 inches and she now weighs approximately 1.75 ounces. Your baby is growing at an amazing rate and looking more like a human every day. Because your baby's skin is so thin, you are able to see blood vessels through the skin. Lanugo hair covers your baby's body, but it will be gone when your baby is born. The hair on the eyebrows and head continues to grow. Some babies are born with little or no hair and others have a head full of hair! If you have an ultrasound at this point, you might be able to see your baby sucking its thumb. Even though the eyes continue to move to the front of the face, they are still widely separated. Your baby's ears look like normal ears and continue to develop externally. The bones that have already formed continue to get harder and retain calcium. The baby is very mobile and flexible at this point. She can bend her arms at the elbows and wrists and she can also make a fist with her hands.

No comments: