Monday, May 10, 2010

Week 13 and the nausea's back!

According to The Bump, the baby is now the size of a juicy yummy peach (mmm, got to have Jeff bring me some peaches!):



And, for the dad to be, here's the man's guide description for week 12:



I Am Pregnant states the following for this week:

Tissue that will form your baby's bones is being laid down, especially around the head and limbs. The nose and chin are becoming more prominent. Your baby's eyelids meet and fuse together and they will not open again for nearly four months. The eyes started out on the side of your baby's head and they are now moving closer together on the face. The ears come to lie in their normal position on the sides of the head. If examined outside of the womb, you will be able to distinguish male from female at this time.

The sockets for all twenty teeth are formed in the gums, and vocal cords are beginning to form.

This is so fascinating to me! There is a little version of me or Jeff in there but it's barely 3 inches big.

Baby Center tells me that fingerprints have formed on your baby's tiny fingertips, her veins and organs are clearly visible through her still-thin skin.

I think people lied to me about the whole nausea going away in the second trimester because after a week's relief, the nausea is back with a vengeance. I almost gagged on my toothpaste this morning. And, then when I was taking my medicines. Then, when I was drinking my tea. So, LIARS, all you previous moms!

No comments: