Sunday, August 8, 2010

99 bottles of beer on the wall

or in my case 99 days of pregnancy to go ... that;s right folks, I am in the double digits as of today.

Let's see what a 6.5 month (26 weeks) belly looks like, shall we?



That's mah belly! And, that's what my hair would look like if I had the time and patience every morning.

A few things from this past week:
  • Had possibly the worst GERD attack at work, in the middle of a very important meeting. Which led me to regurgitate my lunch in a bathroom on the top floor of our building (it's a very important floor)
  • BUT, that was the last attack I had! *knocking on every piece of wood I can find as I type this*
  • For the second week in a row, I have a 2 lb weight gain. This is better than not gaining or even losing weight, but now I think I should stop with the bags of Rolos and start back with some form of exercise
  • Been feeling Oliver kick a little, maybe move a little, off and on. And we might have heard the heartbeat with the dinky little doppler I got off of Amazon
  • Been a little sickly the past 3-4 days and the more it lingers, the more it feels like bad allergies. Hopefully, the shot I got on Thursday kicks in soon
Looking forward to next week:
  • Got my gestational diabetes test on Saturday. Had planned to do it last Saturday and I got to the lab 15 minutes before they opened (at 6:45 a.m. folks on a Saturday, don't tell me I didn't make an effort). And, there were about 20 people already there. Without an appointment, I would have waited hours. So, I made an appointment for next Saturday.
Beyond that, nothing much planned for this week. Just working and getting the house ready for my parents and sis to get here on the 18th.

Here's what I am pregnant website states is happening at 26 weeks pregnancy:

After a month of having his eyelids sealed shut, your baby begins to open his eyes again this week. Your baby's eyes are almost completely developed. Your baby's eyes are blue in the womb and may change colors later in life. This is true for all races because the pupils do not have their final color until a few months after birth. However, some babies are born with darker or lighter shades of blue.

I did not know this!

Finger and toe nails continue to grow.

Blood vessels start to develop in the lungs to prepare the baby for life outside the uterus.

Your baby's blood circulation is completely functional. The umbilical cord system continues to grow and thicken as blood travels with considerable force through the body to nurture the baby. The placenta is now almost equal in size to the baby.

According to Baby Center, the network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other.

Uhoh, we need to start being careful of what we are saying.

Oh, cool, this website does week by week comparisons still, so at week 26, your baby is as tall as an English hothouse cucumber and weighs about 1 2/3 pounds. (Length: 14 inches, head to heel.)

No comments: