Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Sneak preview of L&D

So, I got to see the labor and delivery department at St. Agnes today, way before our September 11 & 12 childbirth classes which include a hospital tour.

Backstory: My OB told me on Monday that after eating, for 2 hours, I should count Oliver's movements. I told her how I didn't really feel a lot of movement, just a couple kicks here and there. She told me if I didn't count at least 10 in 2 hours, I should call her. So, for 2 days, I counted and called her today because the maximum I could ever get to was about 7. On average, I counted 3-4. She told me to immediately go to labor and delivery.

Oye Ve. This was at 2:10 p.m. and my parents & sis were supposed to arrive at the airport at 2:40. So, I picked them up and we all hustled to St. Agnes. Where they gave me their sexy hospital gown and hooked me up to some monitors and watched the baby's heartbeat for 45 minutes or so. It was between 130s to 150s and the doctors were happy. I was told to keep on counting movements but to see if they're "normal" for me, i.e. if 7 is normal for me, then I should be happy with 7.

So, I guess it was an hour spent to reassure ourselves that everything was ok.

1 comment:

SplendaJoy said...

Maybe Oliver just wants spicier food!