Monday, April 12, 2010

Week 9 down!

According to TheBump.com, the baby is the size of a yummy green olive. Mmm, now I want me some olives. no, really, I want some olives RIGHT NOW!

According to I Am Pregnant.com,
Although the baby is still very small, it is beginning to look more like a human being. Your baby's back is straightening out and the tail is shrinking.

Oh goody, it's looking less like a monkey and more like us heehee.

Even though your baby's eyes are well developed, they are covered by a membrane lid. The eyes will not begin to open and close for quite some time still. Your baby will begin to make tiny movements as the muscles start to develop. You will not be able to feel any of these early movements, but you might be able to see them during an ultrasound. The arms and hands are progressing faster than the legs and feet at this point. By this time of your baby's development, the hands have defined finger ridges and the tissue between them will die off to leave separate fingers.
___________________________________________________________________

I have my second ultrasouns on April 26th and meet with my doctor April 28th. She wants to see if the bleeding went away. she did say it was tiny, less than 0.5 cm so she wasn't worried. But, I am still a bit worried, so it'll be nice to have that done and over with. Specially since that's the day I am having lunch with some of my closest co-workers so I can announce to them. Cross your fingers for me.

No comments: